As always, reasons for travel are as varied as travelers, but this year, one in particular stands out: the longing to reunite with the loved ones we’ve missed during the pandemic.
Here at Lake Shore Travel, we see a busy summer and fall shaping up, as travelers not only reschedule postponed vacations but make new plans to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other major milestones in person, through the magic of shared travel. As options open up, we expect high demand to meet potentially limited supply. That makes now a great time to start planning, even if you’re not quite ready to pack that suitcase.
How to dip your toe back into the travel world with no fuss or cost? We recommend Wanderlist, a free online tool from Virtuoso that lets you roam the world without taking a step outside your front door.
What if you could:
- Uncover adventures you never knew existed, such as ice camping in the polar regions, snorkeling between Iceland’s tectonic plates, volunteering at a sloth nursery in Costa Rica, or participating with monks and lamas at a monastery prayer service in Bhutan.
- Be certain your family always has a trip to look forward to?
- Reduce the stress of being the trip director?
- Collaborate on itineraries with friends and family, no matter where they live?
- Have complete confidence in every vacation you plan?
- Enjoy all of the above, without commitments?
Anyone can use Wanderlist by following a few simple steps:
- Create an account at https://www.virtuoso.com/wanderlist/#/.
- Choose “New List,” and type your destination (state or country) in the search box (e.g., “Colorado” or “Italy”).
- Create a trip name. Make it straightforward or inventive, but definitely descriptive!
- Click on “Browse Experiences,” and peruse more than 1,400 Virtuose lodgings and activities. Enjoy a virtual buffet of hotels, villas, and resorts; wine tastings, whale watching, and dinner cruises, and so much more!
- When you see a great option, click the heart icon in the upper right corner of its box to add it to your Wanderlist.
- Make your list unique by adding links to websites you’ve researched yourself. Simply select the “Add Your Own” box, and type or paste in the web address.
- Invite friends and family! Just click “Invite,” type in one or more email addresses, and start collaborating.
- Don’t forget to invite your Lake Shore Travel advisor, who can offer up-to-the-minute advice on availability, the best times to travel, and great deals. Your advisor also ensures that you receive top-tier service and VIP amenities from all of our Virtuoso partners.