If you are like me and my family, we’ve all been waiting for so long and now the time is finally here! Disney Cruise Lines just announced details about its newest ship Disney Wish. If you missed the announcement, do worry. We’ve got you covered. Preview here.
You may be thinking, “Please don’t put me on a ship with costumed characters, screaming children, and parents who are really “wishing” they were someplace else.” But a Disney Cruise is a completely different experience. So let me give you three reasons why cruising on the Disney Wish in the Summer of 2022, is something you are not going to want to miss.
#1 – Imaginative Dining
Dining meets storytelling aboard Disney Wish. You will be transported into the magical worlds of Disney with the debut of three brand-new upscale family restaurants and a range of quick, on-the-go snack stations and gourmet cafes. Examples include:
- ARENDELLE: A FROZEN DINING ADVENTURE – Do you want to build a snowman? Step into the Kingdom of Arendelle at the world’s first Frozen-themed dining experience. Queen Anna and Kristoff are celebrating their engagement and inviting you, their honored Guest, to join them.
- WORLDS OF MARVEL – Suit up on Disney Wish at Worlds of Marvel—a cinematic dining experience of epic proportions. Explore state-of-the-art technology at the Avengers Technology Showcase and dine on global cuisine inspired by some of your favorite heroes. Step into your own Super Hero story where your favorite Avengers might look to you to help them save the day!
- 1923 – Step aboard Disney Wish into 1923, a restaurant where imaginative dining meets Hollywood elegance. This sophisticated dining experience embodies the spirit of the Walt Disney Studio, the company that started it all.
#2 Innovative Experiences at Sea for Families
This is the next generation of family experiences and entertainment at sea. Disney has brought cutting-edge design, storytelling, and new technology to the Disney Wish and you will have serious FOMO if you choose to sit these out.
- AQUAMOUSE – Oh boy! Say “hiya pal!” to AquaMouse, the first-ever Disney attraction at sea! Take a trip on Disney Wish and join Mickey and Minnie on an exhilarating water experience featuring immersive show scenes, lighting and special effects. Located on the upper decks, this signature water experience takes Disney fans through 760 feet of snaking tubes, offering breathtaking views of the ocean and splashing down into a lazy river!
- MARVEL SUPER HERO ACADEMY – Avengers assemble! The Marvel Super Hero Academy is calling for a new generation of heroes! Aboard Disney Wish, kids can select their suit, train alongside some favorite Marvel Characters and prepare to save the world!
- WALT DISNEY IMAGINEERING LAB – Wouldn’t it be cool if you could make your own Disney attractions? There’s a name for that! Imagineering! Step aboard Disney Wish and enter the Walt Disney Imagineering Lab. Here kids can create like an Imagineer, engage in hands-on creative activities and get a peek behind the curtain of how Disney ships, resorts and attractions are made. Finally, design your very own roller coaster, then actually ride it in a specially designed capsule.
#3 Elevated Adult Escapes
Escape, relax, dine and play in more ways than ever before because, on Disney Wish, adults can experience all the magic of upscale restaurants, immersive experiences, quiet getaways and sophisticated lounges designed just for them.
- STAR WARS: HYPERSPACE LOUNGE – This sophisticated space bar features galaxy-wide panoramic views of favorite Star Wars™ destinations like Coruscant, Tatooine and Batuu. Sit back, relax and try some of the local favorites of the Star Wars galaxy. This unique, epic location can be experienced by families during the day, but at night the lounge is reserved for adults, offering interactive tasting experiences and signature beverages inspired by the films.
- THE ROSE – Meet The Rose, an elegant adult-exclusive lounge infused with Disney storytelling aboard Disney Wish. Sip a cocktail surrounded by antiqued mirrors and “floating” rose petals that capture the enchantment of the castle from Beauty and the Beast.
- ENCHANTÉ BY CHEF ARNAUD LALLEMENT – This is an adult-exclusive restaurant inspired by Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast. Taste international-inspired dishes crafted by 3 M-star Chef Arnaud Lallement, who also created the menu at Remy on Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. Dine in a glittering, light-filled space while admiring incredible ocean views in a luxurious atmosphere that captures a certain je ne sais quoi.
By now I am sure you are saying, when are we leaving and where am I going? The Disney Wish’s inaugural season will consist of three-night and four-night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay beginning in June 2022. Early booking for select Guests begins May 17. Bookings open to the public on May 27, 2021, and these cruises will fill fast!